Disclosure: I was compensated for my time spent creating this blog post.
What is that? My husband pointed at a jar full of….something? I wasn’t sure. We called in the kids. Three of them explained what it was, why they had set it up, and how long they planned to leave it sitting on the counter. It looked gross. Although it wasn’t as bad as the time we decided to grow bacteria swiped off our doorknob in Petri dishes.
My kids are old enough now they don’t even ask my permission to start science experiments in the kitchen and they rarely wait for a curriculum or book to assign them such adventures. They just go for it.
And our kitchen suffers.
Someday, our kids will move out and the kitchen will be ours. If there are jars of goo sitting around, hopefully, it will be homemade jam!
Maybe you aren’t willing to sacrifice the aesthetics of your kitchen to the cause of science. Don’t worry, there are other ways to get homeschool science done.
Are you wondering how you will get through high school level science classes? Especially all those chemistry and biology labs that you don’t want to happen in your own kitchen? Looking for Christ-centered science courses taught by an actual scientist?
College Prep Science might be your answer. Greg Landry is an experienced scientist and professor who is offering live online classes in addition to 2-day in-person science lab intensives in fifteen different U.S. cities. He also offers online ACT Prep Bootcamps.
Which Homeschool Students Will Benefit from Using College Prep Science?
- Students who are interested in pursuing the sciences as a career.
- Students who are considering jobs in the field of medicine.
- Students who do not have parents with education or experience in higher-level sciences.
- Students seeking a Christ-centered understanding of science.
Benefits for Mom’s Of High School Students
- You can let someone else take over the assignments and grading for this subject.
- You don’t have to sacrifice your kitchen to chemistry experiments and animal dissections.
- You can sleep well at night knowing your child is doing everything they need to earn those high school science credits.
So whether you have a high school student who is interested in pursuing the sciences, just want to make sure your child has a solid high school transcript, or simply want them to experience the joy of group lab activities, check out Greg Landry’s College Prep Science.
- Winners Can Choose From Any of The Following to Redeem Their Prize
- College Prep Biology (grades 8-12)
- Life Prep Biology (grades 8-12)
- College Prep Chemistry (grades 9-12)
- Life Prep Chemistry (grades 8-12)
- College Prep Physics (grades 10-12)
- Life Prep Physics (grades 9-12)
- Pre-Biology and Pre-Anatomy & Physiology (grades 6-9)
- Pre-Chemistry and Pre-Physics (grades 6-9)
- Exercise & Sports Physiology and Forensic Science (grades 8-12)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology (grades 9-12)